What is EMDR?
EMDR consists of the following processes:
- Evidence-based psychotherapy for Post-traumatic Stress Disorder(PTSD) treatment of other psychiatric disorders, mental health problems, and somatic symptoms.
- EMDR facilitates the resumption of normal information processing and integration.
- Targets past experience, current triggers, and future potential challenges.
- Results in the alleviation of presenting symptoms
- A decrease or elimination of distress from the disturbing memory,
- Improved view of the self, relief from bodily disturbance
- Resolution of present and future anticipated triggers.